axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From NY...@aol.com
Subject Help Diagnosing Server-Side Problems
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:24:48 GMT
Hello All,

Your help is invaluable to the progress of our nation! I have a Web Service
I wrote with Axis running on local tomcat 8080. I wrote a client to use the
service for which the SOAP Envelope created is perfecto. However, once I call
the function in the implementation file, the service fails and I receive the
following exception:

AxisFault
faultCode:  {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
faultSubcode:
faultString:  java.net.UnknownHostException:  locations
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:  ...

Here is my brief client. I would truly appreciate some help with this
matter! You are the best!

James

public class adminHandlerClient2
{
static String router = "_http://localhost:8081/axis/adminDirect/_
(http://localhost:8081/axis/adminDirect/) ";
static String service =  "adminDirectService.wsdl";
static String
url="_http://localhost:8080/axis/services/adminHandlerServicePort_ (http://localhost:8080/axis/services/adminHandlerServicePort)
";

public static void  main(String[] args)
{
try
{
ServiceFactory sf =  ServiceFactory.newInstance();
URL u = new URL(router + "/" +  service);
QName  serviceName = new  QName(url,"adminHandlerService");
Service s = sf.createService(u,serviceName);

            QName portName = new QName(url,"adminHandlerServicePort");

            List handlerChain =
s.getHandlerRegistry().getHandlerChain(portName);
HandlerInfo hi = new  HandlerInfo(LoggingHandler.class,null,null);
handlerChain.add(hi);

            //Checking for proper syntax of  call
if  (args.length==0)
{
System.err.println("Incorrect  usage of Client. Please use the following:");
System.err.println("adminHandlerClient" + " [Group Name]" + "    [Password]"
+ "   [Account Name]" + "   [XML Path]"  );
}
else
{
System.out.println("Thank You. Processing. . .");

  System.out.println("Now Initializing the  Handler.");
AdminHandler handler = (AdminHandler)  s.getPort(portName,
AdminHandler.class);
System.out.println("Handler Initialized.");

  boolean success =  false;
System.out.println("Calling Function. .  .");

<<<<!-- THIS IS THE LINE THAT CAUSES THE ERROR!  --->>>>>

  success = handler.postReport(groupName, password,  accountName, xmlData);

}
}
catch(Exception  e)
{
System.err.println("Error running  Client:");
e.printStackTrace();
}
}