axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Campana Jr., Salvatore J" <sal.camp...@hp.com>
Subject Bug?? Issue with Wsdl2Java and extended schema types
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:53:54 GMT
I noticed this issue when using Wsdl2Java to generate code for this
wsdl:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-resource/WS
-ResourceProperties.wsdl

The bug appears to be associated with extending schema types using
extension base.  There is an operation SetResourceProperties which takes
a schema type SetRequestComponent.  There are three extensions to the
SetRequestComponent: InsertType, UpdateType, DeleteType.  Axis generates
the correct types for these objects which extend the generated
SetRequestComponentType, however they never get truly "wired-in" in the
generated _SetResourceProperties file, and thus requests containing
those types will not work....

I was able to hand-modify the code to make it work:

1. added ElementDescs to the typeDesc for each extension type. (static
block)
2. added SetRequestComponentType[] fields to the class for each type.
3. added associated Setters for the fields which handed off to the
generated setSetRequestComponent( setRequestComponent ); operation....
4. Commented section in static block which registered the basetype...

I've attached the src with comments (look for sjc in the comments)....

If this is truly a bug (and not my misunderstanding of things) then I
will submit it as such.

I'm hoping that this can be resolved so that I will not need to
hand-modify the generated source.  I will be happy to help in any way in
getting this issue resolved.  I am willing to assist in writing the fix
(with a little guidance ;-) )

thank you!!

Sal Campana
HP Software