axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Good to GO!!!
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 19:14:30 GMT
Jongjin,

I need to be convinced that the current code in CVS breaks backward
compatibility...I don't see how Axis users are working with RPCParam
since it is an internal implementation detail. Glen mentioned that
Call.getOutputParams() might be exposing this but a review of the code
shows that we don't expose RPCParam's there either...

-- dims

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 03:10:17 +0900, 최 종진 <gunsnroz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all and Dims, Glen, Tom.
>
> The guys in Tmax Soft have another solution for this issue.
> Roughly, we modifed SerializationContextImpl, RPCElement, Call, RPCProvider
> and added a new class, DOM2EventRecorder.
> I think that our patch will keep the backward API compatibility.
> I'd like you to review our patch.
>
> I'll upload the patch to JIRA tomorrow
> because I need time to merge this patch to Axis nightly build.
> I hope our patch is acceptable to Axis.
>
> IMO, if JBoss and JonAS guys can submit anothoer patch,
> we can choose the most sutiable one between them.
>
> /Jongjin.
> TmaxSoft Webservices Team
>
> >From: Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
> >To: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com>
> >CC: axis-tck@ws.apache.org, dims@apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org,
> tomj@macromedia.com
> >Subject: Re: Good to GO!!!
> >Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:50:45 -0400
>

> >Glen,
> >
> >If you can show me how RPCParam is exposed to Axis users, i'll either
> >fix the situation by some refactoring magic (or) by rolling everything
> >back. I am not planning to make any more checkins till this issue is
> >resolved one way or another and the release finalized.
> >
> >thanks,
> >dims
> >
> >On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:35:07 -0400, Glen Daniels
> ><gdaniels@sonicsoftware.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hm... I was going to say that the output param situation is common
> > > enough that that might be a showstopper on its own, but looking at
> > > Call.java:2462, it appears that we don't actually even put the RPCParam
> > > on the outputParams list?!?  I'm confused.
> > >
> > > --Glen

 If