axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SAAJ 1.2, JAX-RPC 1.1, WS-I BP qualifies for a Axis 2.0 label?
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 19:31:09 GMT
Rick,

I was talking to Glen about another Beta next week, that could be
renamed 2.0 Beta. After the beta, we can take care of Performance
issues, re-run the TCK's and release 2.0 Final.

-- dims

PS: SUN renamed JDK 1.5 Beta to Java 5.0 Beta :)

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:19:07 -0400, Kellogg, Richard <rkellogg@micros.com> wrote:
> Dims,
>
> I agree the changes warrant a version number change.  Will we confuse people by releasing
a 1.2 Beta and a 2.0 Final release?  What is the precedent in the Jakarta project?  Just my
two cents.