axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Eric.D.Fried...@wellsfargo.com
Subject RE: getWebappBase / default port
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:54:21 GMT
Good question:  why wouldn't we just use getRequestURL on
HttpServletRequest?  If it's a servlet API version issue, we could use the
(now deprecated) method on HttpUtils that does the same thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Banck, Arent-Jan [mailto:ajbanck@informatica.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 9:48 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: getWebappBase / default port

Just curious, AxisServletBase.java has a method:
    protected String getWebappBase(HttpServletRequest request) {
        StringBuffer baseURL=new StringBuffer(128);
        baseURL.append(request.getScheme());
        baseURL.append("://");
        baseURL.append(request.getServerName());
        if(request.getServerPort()!=80) {
            baseURL.append(":");
            baseURL.append(request.getServerPort());
        }
        baseURL.append(request.getContextPath());
        return baseURL.toString();
    }

Is there any good reason port is removed when using it the default port 80,
doesn't Axis not handle :80 properly?

 Does this method always work, for instance can you define https on port 80
(non-default port for https) like https://myserver:80 <https://myserver:80>

Thanks,
Arent-Jan