axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Using SAAJ-1.2 API to modify the soap header/body content
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:13:33 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Davanum Srinivas <davanum@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 16:11:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Using SAAJ-1.2 API to modify the soap header/body content
To: Thomas Diesler <thomas.diesler@jboss.org>
Cc: dims@apache.org, j2eetck@jboss.org

J2EE 1.4 needs SAAJ 1.2 (NOT 1.1). At least thats what the spec says -
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/j2ee-1_4-fr-spec.pdf. FYI, We've already
passed the SAAJ 1.2 TCK (latest Axis CVS).

Yes, you will need to submit patches against latest cvs (not axis 1.1 branch).

Yes, Please feel free to ask any questions on the mailing list :)

thanks,
dims

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 12:31:49 -0500, Thomas  Diesler
<thomas.diesler@jboss.org> wrote:

> Thanks, for the quick reply. You confirmed my fears.
>
> For jboss-ws4ee I'm using an axis-1.1 derivative, because it had a more stable soap-1.1
implementation than axis-1.2beta. This decission was merely made on the fact that we had far
less test failures with the Sun compatibility test suite (CTS) using axis-1.1 and ws4ee only
needs soap-1.1.

> At the moment I'm working high speed on this trying to get ready for SunOne. When (if)
I get this done I would like to slowly merge my changes back into the current axis trunk,
so axis can become J2EE-1.4 compliant. Until then I probably have to use the axis-1.1 branch.