axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using SAAJ-1.2 API to modify the soap header/body content
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2004 17:18:53 GMT
Thomas,

Yes, there are problems in the current SAAJ implementation. Am all for
making changes to support both #1 and #2. Can we please do this
incrementally? Just start submitting patches into JIRA with some test
cases and we can get both working. Here are some guidelines
(http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AxisProjectPages/SubmitPatches).
Am looking forward to working with your team.

Thanks,
dims

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas  Diesler <thomas.diesler@jboss.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:21:54 -0500
Subject: Using SAAJ-1.2 API to modify the soap header/body content
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org

Hi Axis Dev,

am working on a J2EE-1.4 compliant implementation for web services (WS4EE)
in JBoss based on Axis. As you might know, JBoss has been using Axis in its
jboss.net module for quite some time. We are starting a new project
called jboss-ws4ee that we would like to use in our J2EE-1.4 certified
release.

I'm
wondering if you could help me with these issues

#1 SAX
recorded events

    Axis uses a Serializer/Deserialiser
based on SAX events. The recorded events are stored with the
SOAPElement.

    On serialization the SOAPElement
will simply playback the events if the element is not marked
dirty.

    A JAXRPC handler is allowed to view
and modify soap headers and body. For that it can use the saaj api or even the
dom api

    on javax.xml.soap.Node
objects.

    When a client makes these
modifications, they are not reflected in the axis internal
representation of the
soap message.

    This is especially true for
RPCElement, which keeps an internal list of RPCParam objects, which are not
linked to SOAPElement.

#2 General
soap tree representation

   Axis is missing the notion of
javax.xml.soap.Node, instead it models javax.xml.soap.Text as
javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement.

   I'm having a hard time trying to
keep all the various SOAPElement representations in sync. For jboss-ws4ee I
started a

refactoring effort that would base SOAPElementImpl on NodeImpl which implements
the org.w3c.dom.Node interface.

   All information about namespaces,
attributes, parent/child relationships should be taken from the dom
tree.

   Serialization/Deserialization would
be based on the dom tree as well.

Any