axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Mans Tanneryd <m...@tanneryd.com>
Subject RE: About java.lang.InstantiationException.
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 18:30:41 GMT
Hi Bing!

Could you be a little more specific? What were the names of your interface
and your implementation classes? What options did you use when running
java2wsdl and wsdl2java? How did you "use" the stub classes?

/Mans
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Bing_Wu@idx.com [mailto:Bing_Wu@idx.com]
  Sent: den 21 maj 2004 18:34
  To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; axis-dev@ws.apache.org
  Subject: About java.lang.InstantiationException.

  Hi,

  I created a Java interface and several Java classes which implement the
interface. I used Java2WSDL to generate the WSDL from the interface. Then I
used WSDL2Java to generate the stub classes.

  When I used the stub classes, I got the following error:

  AxisFault
   faultCode:
   faultSubcode:
   faultString: java.lang.InstantiationException:
com.idx.lw.webservices.inbox.InboxRetrievalService
   faultActor: null
   faultNode: null
   faultDetail:
          stackTrace: java.lang.InstantiationException:
com.idx.lw.webservices.inbox.InboxRetrievalService

  This seems to me that the Axis tried to create an object based on the
interface, not based on one of my implementation classes.

  I am wondering what I am doing wrong and how to fix it here? Or we just
can't use an interface for the web service directly, i.e., dynamic
invocation not supported.

  Thanks!

  Bing

  NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
  The information in this email, including attachments, may be confidential
and/or privileged and may contain confidential health information. This
email is intended to be reviewed only by the individual or organization
named as addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify
IDX immediately - by return message to the sender or to security@idx.com -
and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Please note that
any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of IDX. Confidential health
information is protected by state and federal law, including, but not
limited to, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
and related regulations.