axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David D. Lucas" <ddlu...@lse.com>
Subject Re: About JAX-RPC 1.1 compliance of JAXRPCException and ServiceEx ception
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 16:49:08 GMT
Would it be possible to wrap the features you want from 1.4 in a utility
class ?  Then have a factory access to it and build implementations of
1.3 items that change in 1.4.  Then 1.4 can be the default delegate and
1.3 can be an optional set of classes that are compiled and deployed.
You wouldn't leave everyone behind.  Beside, if any wants to look at
Axis in a smaller environment like J2ME, keeping 1.3 in 80% of the code
would help those that might port it to a more lean and mean environment.

Just my two cents.

I too am just a user, not an Axis developer.

Best wishes,
Dave

Steve Loughran wrote:

> tom - what version use figures do you have for axis uses? Any of relevance?
>
> I'd like to stay with 1.3 not because I use it, but because it ensures a
> broader client-side user base -and axis is a client API too. It's a big
> difference to say 'you have to d/l axis to run' from 'you have to d/l
> and install a new JRE'.
>

> Tom Jordahl wrote:
>
>> I am not sure I support leave JDK 1.3 behind in an Axis 1.x release.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Jordahl
>> Macromedia Server Development

| David Lucas                      mailto: ddlucas @ lse.com |
| Lucas Software Engineering, Inc.   (740) 964-6248 Voice    |
| Unix,Java,C++,CORBA,XML,EJB        (614) 668-4020 Mobile   |
| Middleware,Frameworks              (888) 866-4728 Fax/Msg  |
| GPS Location:  40.0150 deg Lat,  -82.6378 deg Long         |
| IMHC: "Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life."  |
| IMHC: "I know where I am; I know where I'm going."    <><  |

Notes: PGP Key Block=http://www.lse.com/~ddlucas/pgpblock.txt
IMHO="in my humble opinion" IMHC="in my humble conviction"
All trademarks above are those of their respective owners.