axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@tmax.co.kr>
Subject RE: Patch: Memory leak in DeserializationContextImpl.parce() fixed
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 07:20:54 GMT
> Hello Axis Developers,
>
> We use Axis 1.1 in one of our products and as a result of a
> number of performance tests we identified a memory leak in
> org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse()
> method. The way the code was attempting to remove the
> reference to "this" from the instance of SAXParser is just
> plain wrong. Looking into Xerces code for the
> SAXParcerImpl.setProperty() method null is not an acceptable value.

FYI, according to
http://www.saxproject.org/apidoc/org/xml/sax/package-summary.html#package_de
scription

lexical-handler

Used to see some syntax events that are essential in some applications:
comments, CDATA delimiters, selected general entity inclusions, and the
start and end of the DTD (and declaration of document element name). The
Object must implement org.xml.sax.ext.LexicalHandler.

Therefore, null value is unacceptable for the property in the sense above.

Thanks,

Ias