axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@tmax.co.kr>
Subject RE: About JAX-RPC 1.1 compliance of JAXRPCException and ServiceException
Date Tue, 11 May 2004 06:07:39 GMT
> Hmm... I'm not sure I see the problem. Could you please
> explain? This commit did not add any new methods just
> modified inherited methods.

Yes, actually what you did is overriding inherited methods, not declaring
new methods. However, for example, javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException in JAX-RPC
1.1 API has no its own printStackTrace methods, which means you are required
to use the inherited printStackTrace methods from Throwable and not to
override them with your own implementations. If JAXRPCException can override
them, its API documentation states them explicitly.

That's how Java standard APIs (java.* and javax.*) go. Implementing the APIs
needs to follow all the declarations specified in the spec exactly.

Regards,

Ias