axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Speed comparison: Axis 1.2beta much slower then Axis 1.1
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:16:34 GMT

This is very worrisome.  Can you use a tool like JProbe to point to where
the slowdown is happening?

--

Tom Jordahl

  _____

From: Banck, Arent-Jan [mailto:ajbanck@informatica.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 5:51 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Speed comparison: Axis 1.2beta much slower then Axis 1.1

Axis 1.2beta much slower then Axis 1.1

Hi,

We have a junit testsuite with a few hundred test classes and many calls
using Axis to communicate with the test-server.

To test Axis 1.2b I swapped all the Axis lib files for both the server and
the client to the Axis 1.2b jar files.

Running the same tests (client and server on the same computer) shows a
large difference between 1.1 and 1.2 for the tests to complete:

Axis 1.1 627.152  seconds (10 minutes)

Axis 1.2 1004.639 seconds (16 minutes)

A 60% speed degradation after upgrading to 1.2b!

I tried it several times, only swapping the jar files, with similar results.

Did anyone else do some comparisons and with what results?

Any suggestions how to optimize results?

What is the best way to trace down where the delay is coming from?

Thanks,

Arent-Jan Banck