axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan Choi" <RC...@salesforce.com>
Subject FW: Axis Serialization of Arrays using doc-literal
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:30:13 GMT
In implementing our service using Axis 1.1, we stumbled upon
out-of-the-box interop issues with .NET.

In writing a doc-literal service using Axis, array serialization always
specified  the SOAP-ENC:Array declaration of SOAP arrays. We found that
.NET didn't like this, so we wrote a little ArrayOfSerializer class (and
Factory) to output the same array in the .NET-way (minOccurs/maxOccurs).

Along with this code, the developer would need to add an applicable
typeMapping to the server-config.wsdd file to ensure the proper use of
this serializer on the desired array types.

  <typeMapping deserializer="" encodingStyle="" qname="ns8:ArrayOfId"
serializer="common
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayOfSerializerFactory"
type="java:xxx.ID[]" xmlns:ns8="urn:yournamespace.com"/>

Attached is the code. Please tell me if it is of use to the Axis 1.2
codebase.

Regards,

Ryan Choi

rchoi@salesforce.com