axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Banck, Arent-Jan" <ajba...@informatica.com>
Subject Speed comparison: Axis 1.2beta much slower then Axis 1.1
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:50:41 GMT
Axis 1.2beta much slower then Axis 1.1

Hi,

We have a junit testsuite with a few hundred test classes and many calls
using Axis to communicate with the test-server.

To test Axis 1.2b I swapped all the Axis lib files for both the server
and the client to the Axis 1.2b jar files.

Running the same tests (client and server on the same computer) shows a
large difference between 1.1 and 1.2 for the tests to complete:

Axis 1.1 627.152  seconds (10 minutes)

Axis 1.2 1004.639 seconds (16 minutes)

A 60% speed degradation after upgrading to 1.2b!

I tried it several times, only swapping the jar files, with similar
results.

Did anyone else do some comparisons and with what results?

Any suggestions how to optimize results?

What is the best way to trace down where the delay is coming from?

Thanks,

Arent-Jan Banck