axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Jellinghaus" <r...@nimblefish.com>
Subject re: all-tests failure
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:13:18 GMT
On April 1st, Tom Jordahl reported a test failure ("Converter
malfunction (Unicode)") when running all-tests.  I just wanted to report
that I've reproduced that exact failure with the latest (20040414) CVS
snapshot.

A little googling turns up a few possibly related links:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.xmlpull.devel/73
	some kind of patch in something called "xmlpull" that indicates
this
	is possibly a Xerces2 issue which is breaking the unicode
decoder?

And another code chunk from the same project:
http://www.xmlpull.org/v1/download/unpacked/src/java/tests/org/xmlpull/v
1/tests/TestSetInput.java

(Btw, nice to be back on axis-dev!  I'm a committer emeritus, and I
created the original RunAxisFunctionalTestsTask so it's nice to see how
many more functional tests there are now :-)

Cheers!
Rob

error output:

    [junit] - Testing message sample.
    [junit] - Testing deployment...
    [junit] - Testing service...
    [junit] - Test complete.
    [junit] - Testing faults sample.
    [junit] - Testing deployment...
    [junit] - Testing service...
    [junit] - Test complete.
     [java] java.lang.InternalError: Converter malfunction (Unicode) --
please submit a bug report v
ia http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
     [java]     at
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.malfunction(StreamDecoder.java:235)
     [java]     at
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.convertInto(StreamDecoder.java:251)
     [java]     at
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$ConverterSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:297)
     [java]     at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:182)
     [java]     at
java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
     [java]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XML11EntityScanner.skipString(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Deserializatio
nContextI
mpl.java:218)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:568)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:427)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:279)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisWorker.execute(SimpleAxisWorker
.java:422
)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisWorker.run(SimpleAxisWorker.jav
a:156)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.run(SimpleAxisServer.jav
a:241)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.start(SimpleAxisServer.j
ava:284)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.start(SimpleAxisServer.j
ava:292)
     [java]     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer.main(SimpleAxisServer.ja
va:373)
    [junit] - Testing deployment...