axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Opatha <topa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Speed comparison: Axis 1.2beta much slower then Axis 1.1
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:49:04 GMT
Is the AXIS 1.2 beta running on JDK 1.4 JVM? what test case for WSDL/XSD schema
did you use?

"Banck, Arent-Jan" <ajbanck@informatica.com> wrote:

Axis 1.2beta much slower then Axis 1.1

Hi,

We have a junit testsuite with a few hundred test classes and many calls using Axis to communicate
with the test-server.

To test Axis 1.2b I swapped all the Axis lib files for both the server and the client to the
Axis 1.2b jar files.

Running the same tests (client and server on the same computer) shows a large difference between
1.1 and 1.2 for the tests to complete:

Axis 1.1 627.152  seconds (10 minutes)

Axis 1.2 1004.639 seconds (16 minutes)

A 60% speed degradation after upgrading to 1.2b!

I tried it several times, only swapping the jar files, with similar results.

Did anyone else do some comparisons and with what results?

Any suggestions how to optimize results?

What is the best way to trace down where the delay is coming from?

Thanks,

Arent-Jan Banck