axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Axis / FUD / Bugs
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 03:47:26 GMT
<rant>
Every now and then, for example today, i heard from someone that "OH This is a well known
axis
bug". So check the archives for dev and user and bugzilla. No sign of anything amiss and no
trace
of the person / persons in any email discussion or bug report. This makes me hit my head against
the wall. Another problem is that everyone wants to use a released version and complain bitterly
if something is broken. But REPEATED requests to try a alpha/beta release and log bugs is
ignored.
I can't understand why.
</rant>

Suggestions to Axis consumers:
- If you have your pet peeves, check if a bug already exists, make sure there is a bug recorded
against it.
- Make sure you try latest Axis cut (1.2 Beta right now) before you open the bug.
- Make sure there is a sample code or wsdl/xsd for committers to recreate the problem.
- If you are not sure that something is a bug or not, log the bug anyways

We have a window of opportunity here to kick the tires and get things fixed before we get
1.2
final out the door, so PLEASE help make Axis better for everyone (including you!!!!)

thanks,
dims

=====