axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@tmax.co.kr>
Subject RE: WSDL2Java adds some unwanted characters in produced files
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:38:54 GMT
The unwanted character comes from section "7.3.2.2 Mapping anonymous types"
of JSR 921: Implementing Enterprise Web Services 1.1 hosted at
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=921 . You can quickly check out what it is
with ease from Request #17 "Add support for anonymous types" described at
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr921/websvcs-1_0-cha
ngelog.html .

Currently Axis convert ">" in anonymous types to "_" in Java source codes.
Some of the test cases in Axis use anonymous types notated with ">" and work
fine. In other words, ">"s in generated artifacts by Axis are not misplaced
but intended to abide by JSR 921 required by J2EE 1.4.

If anonymous types with ">" cause a problem at deployment time and runtime,
please help us by posting it to Jira with details.

Thanks,

Ias

P.S. dims and Glen, probably we should note this (drastic) change to
release-notes.html or changelog.html with emphasis.

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
Ias (International name)
               Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
               Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
JSR 201, 204, 222 and 224 Expert Group Member
Apache Web Services Project Member
R&D Center
Tmax Soft, Inc.