axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <>
Subject RE: Rationale for Id and IDRef types?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 17:46:56 GMT

Sure sounds like these didn't get hooked up when ID and IDREF got checked in
as XML Schema types.

A patch to implement this would be welcome.

Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Sosnoski []
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 4:59 PM
To: axis dev
Subject: Rationale for Id and IDRef types?

When I generate code from a doc/lit WSDL that includes ID/IDREF links I
get instances of the org.apache.axis.types.Id and
org.apache.axis.types.IDRef classes in my generated data objects. These
don't appear to do anything useful, at least not in the sense of linking
the IDREF to the ID (the whole point of using these types in XML).

The JAX-RPC RI treats ID and IDREF as simple strings unless an optional
flag is used in the code generation (resolveidref), in which case
they're converted into object id and reference (so the ID values are
used as identifiers for objects, and the IDREFs become java.lang.Object
references). This is the way I'd expect these to be used in Java. Are
there plans to implement this functionality in Axis? I don't see any
relevant options listed in the 1.1 alpha WSDL2Java list.

  - Dennis

View raw message