axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Essington <jas...@GreenRiverComputing.com>
Subject HTTPActionHandler and SOAPAction header
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:24:38 GMT
Question for the dev list.

If a service contains the HTTPActionHandler, and a simple GET ?wsdl
query is issued (to that service) with no SOAPAction header, should the
HTTPActionHandler be throwing a fault?

Meaning, what is the correct behavior in a query situation? It's not
like in this case we are really trying to invoke the service, just
discover what is required by the service.

I ask only because in Axis 1.1 this situation did not throw a fault,
but in 1.2 it does.
Should queries always include a SOAPAction header? Or should the
servlet try to perform url mapping for queries?

-jason