axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Rationale for Id and IDRef types?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 18:56:37 GMT
I'm really only interested in running some tests using Axis, so I'll
just code around the issue for my purposes. FWIW I'd imagine what would
be involved in fixing this would be to change WSDL2Java to generate an
object reference for the IDREF, change the deserialization handling to
track IDs and fill in the object references, and change the
serialization handling to ignore the IDREF object references. The only
tricky parts are first that the IDs can be forward references, and
second that the code may want to check for duplicate/undefined IDs (at
least for undefined IDs when deserializing).

  - Dennis