axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] synchronizing character encoding between request
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 06:18:36 GMT
Thanks for your response. (though my last mail has many typos. :)

  Yes. My concern is interoperability issue.

  As things are, "You should use either 'UTF-8' or 'UTF-16', if you
hope the best interoperable system."

  I agree with you the synchronizing mechanism is useful for users.
However, it has a small risk to enhance using local encodings ...,
therefore those systems don't have interoperability each other without
the synchronizing mechanism on future Axis ...

> By the way, we should recommend either UTF-8 (ideally equivalent to
> ASCII) or UTF-16 (efficient to double bytes character systems such
> as Japanese and Korean) to both client and server side for (more)
> interoperability based on WS-I Basic Profile.

+1 for above !

--
Toshi <toshi@apache.org>