axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: "ant all tests" using JDK1.5 / endorsed lib stuff
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:04:29 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> FYI, i was able to get "ant clean all-tests" working with JDK1.5 (build 1.5.0-beta-b32c)
by
> setting up the endorsed lib stuff. Basically create a directory say ws-axis/lib/endorsed,
drop the
> xerces jars there and then set the ANT_OPTS as shown below before running "ant clean
all-tests".

> SET ANT_OPTS=-Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib\endorsed

They have sone something good in 1.5 about endorsement, because they
have repackaged the apache libraries to a different location. I had
hoped that would fix things but it clearly hasn't.

 > The main reason for setting up the endorsed stuff is that JDK1.5 has
dom3 as default and there are
 > many new additional methods that are not implemented by for example
our MessageElement.

Is there any way to support 1.5 and older versions? Also, what about the
.enum. problem? I guess you didnt build with source=1.5

-steve