axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Stafford <jcst...@apl.jhu.edu>
Subject Support needed for conditional stub/skeleton generation
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:48:45 GMT
We would like to have the ability to use our externally created beans
passed as data parameters within the WSDL->Java generated static
stub/skeletons. We understand and have addressed all the issues involved
with setting up serializers and deserializers, etc. However, there seems
to be a deficiency in the implementation of the WSDL to Java generation.
You cannot keep the WSDL to Java generation process from generating
classes passed by the generated interfaces in the current CVS code base.
There is a flag to turn off code generation for imported WSDL files, but
that fails. There is the ability to identify a custom
JavaGenerationFactory, but it cannot be passed any state information
though the Ant task.

I have finished implementing a local changes to the CVS version of
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava and org.apache.axis.tools.ant.wsdl packages.
Namely I have changed Wsdl2javaAntTask.java (added the ability to
specify includes/excludes and general propeties as a factory
sub-element), Emitter.java (added the ability to carry the more robust
factory properties), extended JavaGenerationFactory (added the ability
to assign the NoopGenerator for identified namespaces), and added some
bean classes to carry the factory specification.

Here's an example of our common Ant task:
<axis-wsdl2java url="${wsdl.dir}/${ws.file}"    ...    >
..
   <mapping namespace="${ws.namespace1}"
            package="${ws.namespace1.package}"/>
   <factory classname="${factory}">
       <exclude namespace="${ws.namespace1}"/>
   </factory>
</axis-wsdl2java>

We are using this change locally and are happy with it. I need to write
up some JUnit test cases before submitting it (I assume). I may also
make a few more modifications (create Factory Methods in
Wsdl2javaAntTask.java to make it easier to extend). However, I wanted to
announce my need and intent to see what comments might be involved
before submitting the bug/enhacement request and CVS Patch file.

Any comments? any suggestions?

thanks,
jim