axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaime Meritt" <jmer...@sonicsoftware.com>
Subject RE: where to assert multipart requirements for jms transport
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:47:55 GMT
Depending on which JMS vendor you are using, the answer may be
different.  SonicMQ provides an XMLMessage and a MultipartMessage API
extension.  My intent was to do the differentiation based on message
type and defer to the JMSVendorAdapter to discover if my message has
attachments or not.  In non-SonicMQ installations we could differentiate
based on TextMessage vs. BytesMessage or something more standard.

Another way to do it would be to add the content type header as a JMS
header property and work off of that value.

Thoughts?
Jaime Meritt
Sonic Software

-----Original Message-----
From: tnelson@raba.com [mailto:tnelson@raba.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 9:51 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: where to assert multipart requirements for jms transport

This is for axis-1_2alpha, using jms transport intead of http for an
application like the EchoAttachments sample.

I'm looking into how one would patch SimpleJMSWorker to add a
MimeHeaders argument to the Message CTOR at line 122.
By doing this:
    MimeHeaders header =3D new MimeHeaders();
    header.addHeader("Content-Type", "multipart/related");
    msg =3D new Message(in, true, header); the server will correctly
process a call with a DataHander argument (like the EchoAttachments
sample).
I only want to add the MimeHeader with content-type if the incoming
message is multipart.

My question is how the axis developers would prefer to provide
information in an incoming message that I can query in order to decide
to add the MimeHeaders object to the Message CTOR.

Something similar will probably be required to handle return types that
use multipart attachments.

Any thoughts or opinions about how this should be done would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom Nelson