axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: a bug in SymbolTable.java
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:49:34 GMT

I do not believe this is a bug as all of the places in
getParametersFromParts() protect against a null binding entry.

I will add a comment explicitly saying that.

I did find one place where we didn't check and I will fix that too.

Thanks!

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: zhijun,yin [mailto:zhijunyin@chinabidding.com]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 7:55 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: a bug in SymbolTable.java

hi,all

I think there a bug in the
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.java. This class has a method:

public void getParametersFromParts(Vector v,
                                       Collection parts,
                                       boolean literal,
                                       String opName,
                                       BindingEntry bindingEntry)
            throws IOException;

The body of this method does not check wether the input parameter
"bindingEntry" is null or not null in some place. So, NullPointerException
May be thrown. For example, Class
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaFaultWriter.java calls this method with the
"bindingEntry" parameter value "null".

Do you think it's a bug?

take a look.

Yin Zhijun