axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <hemap...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: JAXME reengineering in axis
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:35:41 GMT
Thanks very much for the answer;

basically let us wait 1.3 is done till to decide when to go to jaxme.
I will keep improving the code as the time permits.

(I think 1.4 should be ok ..
as also I prefer have some time gap as well may be in mid May??.)

And acually I am one of the people who invole in the 2.0 direction code at
contrib.

thanks

Srinath

> We need to decide what axis version we want the JAXME code in.
>
> Possibilities:
>  Axis 1.2 - too late
>  Axis 1.3 - Hope to focus this release on WS-I Basic Profile and JAX-RPC
> 1.1 Axis 1.4 - Possible, will we need a bug fix release for the WS-I
> work? Axis 2.0 - Possible, but thinking was to re-architect the core
> for  performance, see contrib. directory in source tree.
>
> I think my preference is to get a WS-I/JAX-RPC focused release using
> existing Schema support completed, then switch to jaxme and release an
> Alpha to get as much feedback as possible.  This could target 1.4,
> assuming 1.2 is released 'now' and 1.3 is released ASAP after passing
> the relevant test suites.
>
> Opinions?
>
> --
> Tom Jordahl