axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Murphy <jim.mur...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Axis and Basic Profile 1.0a
Date Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:14:45 GMT
Sorry for the noise.  I think Shrikant and I have resolved the issue off
list but for interested parties here's the essence of the discussion :).

We were discussing the serialization rules for a doc/lit SOAP request
that takes as its sole parameter an element of xsd:type=xsd:anyType.

So the wsdl:message of interest looks like:

<wsdl:Message name="foo">
    <part name="thedoc" element="tns:myDoc"/>
</wsdl:message>

The global element decl for tns:myDoc is:

<xsd:element name="myDoc" type="xsd:anyType"/>

We were discussing what a conforming SOAP message should look like.

Option #1:

<soap:Envelope>
   <soap:Body>
      <tns:myDoc>
	...whatever you like...
      </tns:myDoc>
   </soap:Body>
<soap:Envelope>

- OR -

Option #2:

<soap:Envelope>
   <soap:Body>
	...whatever you like...
   </soap:Body>
<soap:Envelope>

I guess axis works with both which was a source of confusion for both of us.

Regards
Jim Murphy
Mindreef, Inc.