axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Installing AXIS on GNU/Linux
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:18:00 GMT
Kfir Meir wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the opportunity to work with AXIS.
>
> I was installed the AXIS on my Linux machine (GNULinux 2.4.21-4.Elsmp
> #1)' I worked as described in the installation guide for Linux' and when
> I got to "Validation The Installation" I got an alert message "The
> connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost".
>
> Do you have an idea when can be happened or maybe something is missing
> in my system?

'connection refused' is a low level error meaning 'there is no web
server or other program listening on that port'. Either the server isnt
running, it is in a different place, or some firewall you are running is
in the way.

remember, you can go

netstat --listening | grep tcp

to list all programs listening for TCP connections, and what port they
are on