axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Problem with the Axis (Java) Attachment sample (v1.1)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:41:23 GMT
Carbone Cedric wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have problems with Attachment sample in Axis 1.1 (Java).
> For 5 days I have spent with the Attachment sample, I don't arrive to run it
> :((
> I need your help. I have test to post my request on axis-user mailing list
> but I don't find any person that run correctly the Attachment sample. So I
> try to have responses here about my JavaNullPointerException and the unknown
> method call.setScopedProperty() that prevents me to compil java class !
> 1) the sample don't run I have a java.lang.NullPointerException !
> So, I run the sample using (The binary file C:/web.jpg exists)
>  C:\>java samples.attachments.EchoAttachment C:/web.jpg
> Now this is the response :
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>      at org.apache.axis.Message.createAttachmentPart(
>      at
> javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.createAttachmentPart(
>      at
> samples.attachments.EchoAttachment.echoUsingSAAJ(
>      at samples.attachments.EchoAttachment.main(

I would recommend you either get the CVS_HEAD version of Axis from CVS,
or the alpha release of Axis1.2:

I dont guarantee it will work better, but when things dont work we will
be in a position to fix them. I dont have a copy of 1.1 around to track
down line numbers on, see.

> So I bug at line 523 of when I create an AttachmentPart
> !
> javax.xml.soap.AttachmentPart attachment =
> soapMessage.createAttachmentPart(dataHandler);

> Finally, I want to debug this file but I can't  because I don't arrive to
> compil the source
> javac
> cannot resolve symbol
>  symbol  : method setScopedProperty (java.lang.String,java.util.Hashtable)
>  location: class org.apache.axis.client.Call
>    call.setScopedProperty(HTTPConstants.REQUEST_HEADERS, myhttp);

In the latest version this is call.setProperty(). It may be that the
version of you are using is actually a pre1.1
version, or some other synchronisation problem exists.

Let us know how you get on; if you can't get 1.2alpha to work, post the
error lines.

View raw message