axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From <shem...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: RE: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/toJava Java
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:53:06 GMT
The code I replaced used "addTabs" as a parameter name, but the code itseld actually uses four
spaces, not tabs.  I agree on the evilness of tabs but the code merely has the apperance of
evil without actually being evil (the best way to be evil).  It's really a one indent flag,
so it could be renamed for clarity (in addition to catching the case of {@link}).

--Danno

> From: Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com>
> Date: 2004/01/08 Thu PM 02:46:08 MST
> To: "'stevel@apache.org'" <stevel@apache.org>
> CC: "'axis-dev@ws.apache.org'" <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/toJava Java
> 	Writer.java JavaTestCaseWriter.java JavaStubWriter.java JavaSkelWriter.ja
> 	va JavaServiceImplWriter.java JavaServiceIfaceWriter.java JavaInterfaceWr
> 	iter.java JavaBeanWriter.java
>

> If I am reading this right, the "addTabs" setting is turned on for these
> JavaDoc comments.
>
> I don't think Axis uses tabs, either internally or in the code it emits.
> This should probably be turn off.
>
> "tabs are eeeevil"
>
> --
> Tom Jordahl