axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Moving toward Axis 1.2 beta and release
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:14:13 GMT

In talking with folks around here, we would be in favor of delaying the 1.2
release until we can claim WS-I Basic Profile 1.0 conformance.  Macromedia
would be willing to help out with testing resources for this effort.

It will be late January before there are resources here to run the TCK, and
we would very much like to get BP 1.0 as a feature of the 1.2 release.

The question I was asked is "What does 1.2 give me?"  "Bug fixes" wasn't
thought to be very compelling, while "WS-I BP 1.0 conformance" is something
that gets a much better reaction.

What do you think?

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Jordahl [mailto:tomj@macromedia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 10:28 AM
To: 'axis-dev@ws.apache.org'
Subject: Moving toward Axis 1.2 beta and release

Here is a proposal (discussed with Dims) about how Axis 1.2 should proceed
to move toward a 1.2 release.

- Create Axis 1.2 beta in the next 3 weeks
- After beta, run the JAX-RPC/SAAJ TCK 1.1 and resolve failures
- After we pass the TCK, we release 1.2

I am trying to get commitments from our teams here to run our JRun and
ColdFusion regressions on the current 1.2 bits.  And I will attempt to get
resources to execute the TCKs (on JRun) here as well.

Comments?

Can anyone else run the TCK at their organization?