axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Oinn <...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: IPR for contributions to Axis
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:44:27 GMT
Hi Darren,

Seeing as Axis uses libraries (in particular Java Mail and a few others)
that don't have this property, couldn't you contribute in this fashion?
I just poked around the license terms - as you know I am not a lawyer -
and it's certainly implied that copyright is passed on to the foundation
rather than the individual person or organisation that commited it. I
couldn't find a clear statement on the website but perhaps I was looking
in the wrong places.

Tom

Darren Marvin wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am I right in saying that Axis will not accept contributions that do not pass on copyright
/ IPR to the Apache Foundation? I would like to contribute but this might be a stumbling block.