axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject XSD1.1 call for feedback
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:18:37 GMT
the W3C XML Schema Team want feedback:
http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema

"The XML Schema WG is currently working to develop a set of requirements
for XML Schema 1.1, which is intended to be mostly compatible with XML
Schema 1.0 and to have approximately the same scope, but also to fix
bugs and make whatever improvements we can, consistent with the
constraints on scope and compatibility."

Do we have any to make?

I dont want to critique XSD when the trouble is really down to a
particular soap implementation issues.

One trouble spot is time representation, and the requirement to specify
a zone in the payload.

Another (more pure XML) is I'd like to be able to embed binary in-XML,
with a length specifier before the content. eg

<binary length="101">arbitrary stuff here including > and ]]></binary>

length would be in bytes not chars. This would completely eliminate all
those ugly things like DIME and SwA1.0, SwA1.1 (proposed), and let any
XML message include binary as and when appropriate