axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@tmax.co.kr>
Subject RE: Moving toward Axis 1.2 beta and release
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:46:35 GMT
> The question I was asked is "What does 1.2 give me?"  "Bug
> fixes" wasn't thought to be very compelling, while "WS-I BP
> 1.0 conformance" is something that gets a much better reaction.

Thanks for reminding me of WS-I BP stuffs for Axis. I have one thing to do
with R2707 of WS-I BP 1.0 as follows.

http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/Basic/2003-08/BasicProfile-
1.0a.htm#refinement35158400

5.6.5 Default for use Attribute
There is an inconsistency between the WSDL 1.1 specification and the WSDL 1.
1 schema regarding whether the use attribute is optional on soapbind:body,
soapbind:header, and soapbind:headerfault, and if so, what omitting the
attribute means.

R2707 A wsdl:binding in a DESCRIPTION that contains one or more
soapbind:body, soapbind:fault, soapbind:header or soapbind:headerfault
elements that do not specify the use attribute MUST be interpreted as
though the value "literal" had been specified in each case.

In order for Axis to support this requirement, we need to modify
SymbolTable.setBodyType:

    private void setBodyType(
            String use, BindingEntry bEntry, Operation operation, boolean
input)
            throws IOException {

        if (use == null) {
            throw new IOException(Messages.getMessage("noUse",
                    operation.getName()));
        }
->

        if (use == null) {
          // WS-I BP 1.0 R2707
          use = "literal";
        }

I'll commit the fix soon. Your comments are always welcome.

Ias