axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject DO NOT REPLY [Bug 24845] - complexType in SOAP response has namespace prefix, chokes .net clients
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 08:43:40 GMT
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24845>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24845

complexType in SOAP response has namespace prefix, chokes .net clients

lycono@mindless.com changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Summary|[doc/lit] complexType in    |complexType in SOAP response
                   |SOAP response has namespace |has namespace prefix, chokes
                   |prefix, chokes .net clients |.net clients



------- Additional Comments From lycono@mindless.com  2003-12-05 08:43 -------
I'm not sure why you (Ias) mention doc/lit as the service I tested with is an 
rpc, soap encoded service as stated in the initial bug description.  In 
addition, I don't know why Davanum put doc/lit in the summary as this bug has 
nothing to do with doc/lit.  The note I posted at 2003-11-20 19:50 only 
mentions doc/lit because I tried, as an alternative or workaround, to use the 
service as a doc/lit since RPC didn't work.  But that didn't work either.

Again, this bug has to do with Axis returning an invalid SOAP response for RPC 
services with complex types.  Before filing the bug I tested with Axis 1.0, 
Axis 1.1 and the latest from CVS (as of 2003-11-20).  The issue exists in all 
three versions.

I referenced the SOAP 1.1 spec because I was researching whether the .net 
client was incorrect in not handling the Axis response, or whether Axis was 
generating an incorrect response.  According to the spec, I'm pretty sure the 
Axis response is invalid.

Hopefully I'm not stepping on toes here, but I'm removing the [doc/lit] from 
the summary since I'm pretty sure this bug has nothing to do with doc/lit 
services and it seems to be causing confusion.

Mime
View raw message