axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Silvano Fari <silvanof...@yahoo.de>
Subject WSDL defines xsd:dateTime but axis sends xsd:date instead. Bug?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:01:56 GMT
I think this must be a bug in Axis.
When I look at the WSDL of my Java service I see the following definition of the attribute
entryDate:

<element name="entryDate" nillable="true" type="xsd:dateTime" />

The entryDate is originally a java.util.Date, thus this translation into WSDL would be ok.

Looking at the SOAP response I see that Axis sends the Attribute as follows:

<entryDate xsi:type="xsd:date">2003-12-01</entryDate>

Which is obviously not what the WSDL defines.

The stub class for the client side generated from the WSDL gets generated with a java.util.Calendar
attribute. Since I do also need the time not only the day this is a real problem. I think
a workaround would be to define a Calendar attribute on the server side is that the only way
to solve this problem?

Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de
Schneller als Mail - der neue Yahoo! Messenger.