axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Nilay Hazra" <nhazr...@hotmail.com>
Subject SOAP attachment: why I'm not getting faultstring?
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 06:48:50 GMT
Hi All,
Forgive me if this seems to be a very basic question. I need to send a file called myfile.txt
as an attachment to my localhost server. My localhost server consists of Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.27
with Apache Axis configured. My client application is written in VC++ which actually POSTs
the following SOAP request to the URL http://localhost:8080/axis/happyaxis.jsp [The URL mentioned
is just for testing, it is NOT capable of handling attachments]

POST /axis/happyaxis.jsp HTTP/1.1
Host: LOCALHOST
<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<samplefile href="cid:myfile.txt"/>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

My questions are:
1. I'm getting a 200 OK message from server. I'm also expecting a SOAP faultstring as a SOAP
response from the server (since happyaxis.jsp is not capable of handling attachments), instead
I'm getting the the HTML content of happyaxis.jsp. Why I'm not getting any SOAP faultstring?
What am I missing here?

2. If I need to handle attachments at the server, what else exactly I need to do at the server
side. Will it be a problem if I exchange SOAP messages where my client code written in C++
and the server side handling code written in JAVA.

Once again, I apologize to anybody if he/she thinks that these are very basic questions.

Thank you in advance for any sort of help. Please mark a copy of your mail to my id nhazra03@hotmail.com

Nilay