axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Joan Pont" <jp...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Bug#: 11815 ServiceLifecycle.destroy() never called when ses sion is destroyed
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:57:24 GMT

From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: 26 November 2003 22:58
To: Pont, Joan [MOP:GM12:EXCH]
Cc: 'gdaniels@apache.org'; 'stevel@apache.org'; 'st946tbf@drexel.edu'
Subject: Re: Bug#: 11815 ServiceLifecycle.destroy() never called when
session is destroyed

Joan Pont
> Hi,
>         I've seen the problem with the ServiceLifecycle.destroy() never
> being called when session is destroyed has been fixed.
>
>         Is it possible to obtain the source code for that fix? Which
> ones are the files involved?
>         Is there another way around so I can free session allocated
> resources when the session terminates from my
> MyServiceServiceBindingImpl class that is auto-generated by the Axis
> WSDL2Java emitter?
>
>         I need to know/be notified when a session has been terminated
> within the Axis code.
> Many thanks,
> Joan.

I dont think a fix for this exists; I havent written a complete one,
though had some old housekeeping code that could be used to trigger
cleanup.

as axis 1.2 is servlet2.3+, we dont need the housekeeping, we can use
servlet lifecycle events, we just need someone to write the code and
web.xml changes to do this.

which is where, in the open source world, you come in.

I would recommend you get on the Axis dev mail list, discuss this defect
and work with people on the list (myself included), to get the fix into
Axis1.2, which will be going out soon.

-steve