axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Subject Bugfix for #19744
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 01:47:16 GMT
19744|New|Cri|2003-05-07|attributes from super class are not serialized

It turns out the problem is with the TypeDesc in each class that is generated from WSDL.
When the org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer looks too see ifthere are attibutes,
it only looks at the last sibbling (the class that is being serialized) using the hasAttributes()

The attached patch looks through all properties - including those of ancestors to see if there
are any attributes.  This isn't as efficies as having a method that just returns an attribute,
but currently, it is more accurate.

This same code can be used in the org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleSerializer to fix the
same problem - I have only tested the code in BeanSerializer.

Finally, I believe it would be less confusing to eliminate hasAttributes from the TypeDesc
class unless the architecture for creating TypeDesc entries in the generated classes from
WSDL changes.

Let me know if there are any questions.  Since this is my first patch submission, I was wondering
what the lead time is before this will be checked into the CVS repository?

If it is more desireable to have the patch embedded in the email, please let me know.  I wasn't
sure if I should post here.  I did post an attachment to this bug in Bugzilla.

Brooke Hedrick

View raw message