axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Kalpesh Patel" <kalp...@cistemsindia.com>
Subject RE: Replace SchemaUtils/DOM with JaxMe's Schema Parser?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 05:40:28 GMT

Regards
Kalpesh Patel

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinath Perera [mailto:hemapani@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 11:04 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Replace SchemaUtils/DOM with JaxMe's Schema Parser?

Hi All,

here is the high level picture of what we are planning to do to fix it.

We want to keep method signatures of SchemaUtils as they are and replace
the logic with jaxme parser.

Q1) is that ok. We do not change the functionality.

Here we want jaxme (it works on SAX) to parse a DOM node ??
We are planning to take a node and serialize it to buffer (add schema
tag's to start and end may be ..) then fed it to jaxme .....

We are using a longer way ... IS IT OK TO USE IT, this may not be the
smartest.
Any other suggestions ......  to fed node into the Jaxme.

we are expecting a answer to move on ...

Srinath

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 18:52, Srinath Perera wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I think we can start with it ...
>
> I think this is what I understood
>
> 1)  we should get into code that parse DOM nodes in SchemaUtils.java and
> use schema parser to parse them cleanly.
> 2)  we can left the code that get the DOM nodes from the wsdl untouched.
> >> You replace all dom traversal stuff
> Only the parsing of DOM nodes we should worry about.
> 3) leave JaxMe untouched as much as possible
>

> we would start it by abut a week. will come back if help needed.
>
> thanks for directions
>
> Srianth
>

> On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 17:52, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Here's a plan for you all:
> > - Get the latest CVS code for axis
> >   #1: make a copy/zip it up so that you know what you started with
> >   #2: run "ant clean all-tests" to make sure that nothing is broken
> > - Get the latest CVS code for JaxMe
> > - Iteratively make changes to axis's code (and if necessary JaxMe's
code) such that:
> >   #1: You replace all dom traversal stuff in
symbolTable\SchemaUtils.java and other files.

(http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/xs/index.html). This would involve
> > > fixing
objective would be to remove all
> > > our
org\apache\axis\wsdl\symbolTable\SchemaUtils.java).