axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Herman D'costa" <>
Subject RE: getUsername
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 03:43:55 GMT
Hello anybody there,
I had a question earlier (see email below), and got no reply.
This question relates to the onFault method of BasicHandler. I wrote a handler by extending
org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler, and overrid the onFault method. I saw that onFault
is called and correctly when the handler is configured for the specific service (in server-config.wsdd).
However, if I configure the handler in the GlobalConfiguration section or in the HTTP transport
section, it doesn't get called, when there is an error in the web service request-response
Please may I know why?
Thanks, regds
Herman D'Costa

-----Original Message-----
From: Herman D'costa
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 4:34 PM
Subject: getUsername

I am writing axis request and response handlers for a web service application. If I want the
real username of the user of the request, how do I get it? Should I get it from the Message
Context, thru a call to msgContext.getUsername or should I retrieve the Servlet Request object
and get its remote user? How does the msg context get the user name from?

Any pointers to documentation with related information, for related questions that might come
up, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, regds
Herman D'Costa

View raw message