axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: REQ: modular, small footprint, client side only SOAP Java impl? [Re: Apache.WebServices.Next?]
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:47:38 GMT
Hi Alek,

I've been working on something similar based on my JiBX data binding
framework (http://www.jibx.org). The idea is to both reduce the size and
increase the speed of operation over a generalized framework such as
AXIS, since many applications don't appear to need the generality - they
just want something that can be used for *their* Web services. In tests
so far it looks like this type of approach will give major performance
benefits.

I'll try to take this further within the next couple of weeks and
release some code for people to try. Initially it'll require
hand-generated WSDL, but I'm hoping to add support for generating WSDL
from the mapping file and Java classes in the longer term.

  - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
Enterprise Java, XML, and Web Services Support - http://www.sosnoski.com
JiBX Lead Developer - http://www.jibx.org