axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: modular, small footprint, client side only SOAP Java impl? [Re: Apache.WebServices.Next?]
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:11:16 GMT
Kellogg, Richard wrote:

>I have a spreadsheet I was preparing with exactly this type of information.

good - i would like to learn about how modular is AXIS and other open
source Java modular SOAP implementations.

> Will send it out tonight once I get home.
>
>Basically it is a comparison of features, requirements, etc.
>
>We probably want to generate a trimmed down client side axis.jar file anyway.  Just a
thought.

hi Rick,

looking in axis mailing list archives i could see somebody had client
side axis trimmed down to 300K? shat you know what is the current status
of it?

thanks,

alek

Service projects.

>We would want to position it carefully.  i.e. if you just want to wrap some XML in SOAP
and send it or read it, this is the library to use.  If you want to do full web services,
including WSDL and Serialization/Deserialization, Axis is the tool to use.

--
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. —Mario Andretti