axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: modular, small footprint, client side only SOAP Java impl? [R e: Apache.WebServices.Next?]
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:08:16 GMT
Tom Jordahl wrote:

>This sounds pretty cool.  I think this would be a neat thing to have in the Apache Web
Service projects.

>We would want to position it carefully.  i.e. if you just want to wrap some XML in SOAP
and send it or read it, this is the library to use.  If you want to do full web services,
including WSDL and Serialization/Deserialization, Axis is the tool to use.

>Does that sound right?

this is i think exactly right approach to look on this.

in true open source and apache way give solution ot immediate problem,
allow people to use it, and accept improvements :-)

thanks,

alek

--
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. —Mario Andretti