axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: javax.wsdl
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:55:46 GMT
Adam Sherman wrote:
> Good Day,
>
> I am currently setting up a build environment for a project that will
> use axis for producing a SOAP service. In trying to keep out of Jar
> Hell, I avoid blindly copying libs from the tools I rely on.

seems reasonable, provided all your versions are in sync. Axis has the
javax interfaces in CVS, and was built against its local copy (so is in
perfect sync with our version).

> I'm attempting to use the SUN provided API jars for javax.*, with
> implementations coming from various places. In trying to run the
> java2wsdl Ant task I notice that it refers to "javax.wsdl", which I
> believe does not officially exist.

its in wsdl4j, which is from the IBM managed JCP for wsdl. So in terms
of sun released code, no, it doesnt officially exist. but in terms of
JCP community code, it is legit.

http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=110
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/projects/wsdl4j

The JWSDL Spec is there, and it covers java.wsdl.*

> Am I correct? Would it be useful for me to refactor the code to use the
> package names provided in the current WSDP from SUN?

I think we will stay aligned with the JCP, barring anything unexpected.

-Steve