axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dinkar Bhat <db...@TriveniDigital.com>
Subject DIME Problems
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 13:19:57 GMT
I am writing an AXIS client that works with a MSSOAP web service.  One
of the RPC calls retuns a DIME attachment (no attachment is sent to the
service).

As per the example in echoAttachments, I create a call,  then
call.setProperty(call.ATTACHMENT_ENCAPSULATION_FORMAT,
call.ATTACHMENT_ENCAPSULATION_FORMAT_DIME), but everytime during
call.invoke(..), I get an error saying "Invalid XML characeter(0x0c)
found..." during XML parsing. I looked at the binary trace from a SOAP
message tracer, and I find that the first character of the DIME
attachment header is 0x0c. So I am assuming that instead of parsing the
attachment as DIME, AXIS is assuming it is an XML stream which obviously
it is not. How do I get the DIME stuff to work? I am stumped and any
help is much welcome.

Thanks,
Dinkar