axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilantha Darshana" <Lilan...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: [Axis C++] re-arranging the include files
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:07:42 GMT
1) You can have a group stub creation and compilation together and have a copy
of the include file available (when you build the code) in that group. So that
those include files can be used to compile a web service.

2) If you take PLE - (Product line engineering) architecture - its better if
you can divide your components into three different categories:

          a). Foundation level components
          b). Application general
          c). Application specific.

So the libs can be packaged according to the above categories for an example
common-lib might fall into category (a)
soap-lib might fall into category (b)
and engine-lib might fall into category (c).

But for the end user/developer having a single lib might help. Anyway if it is
a static lib is does not matter whether it is a large lib or not because the link
editing will take only necessary stuff from your whole lib.

3) Suggestion is: If you do not use threading in your code you do not need separate
libs in binary distribution. But, code MUST be thread safe. So that it can be used
within a treading or non-threading context.

Thanks
Lilantha