axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Lilantha Darshana" <Lilan...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: provider="CPP:RPC" , provider = "C:RPC"
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:50:10 GMT
How does the wrapper/function table is loaded from a shared lib to the axis
address space.? in both cases i.e. when it is the case of C and when it is C++.

The interface to the dynamic linking mechanism is not available for any
function with C++ linkage for Unix domain shared libs (*.so) If you intend
for your library to be loaded with the "dlopen" interface, then the external
interfaces must have C linkage, which precludes the use of C++ features.
C++ linkage may still be used for symbols internal to the library.

Hence, the loading either a wrapper/table of pointers should be done
through known interface which has C linkage, which will be decided by using
the wsdd provider info? right...

Is this a single interface or two interfaces that decide which need to invoke
based on the language the webservice is written?

So I think this decision can be made programmatically... without having a
wsdd info. Lets discuss.

Thanks
-Lilantha

All programmers are optimists