axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ias" <iasan...@apache-korea.org>
Subject RE: HTTPSender using HttpUrlConnection
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 06:06:34 GMT
What do you think of our having another version of HTTPSender, I mean,
HTTP14Sender that takes advantage of J2SE 1.4's HttpURLConnection? Keeping
the existing HTTPSender for J2SE 1.3 and earlier users and offering this new
HTTP14Sender for J2SE 1.4 and later users might be an approach. (Actually
JaxMe took a similar step regarding J2SE 1.4's Charset.)

Ias 

> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gunsnroz [mailto:gunsnroz@hotmail.com] 
> Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 12:11 AM
> To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> 
> I test it with JDK 1.4.1.
> 
> As far as I know, some of Apache Axis members(or users) did 
> not want to use URLConnection because URLConnection has some 
> problem with JDK 1.3 as what you say. 
> (But I did not verify it with JDK 1.3)
> 
> So, I assume that the users of this class would in JDK 1.4 
> environment.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eric.D.Friedman@wellsfargo.com 
> [mailto:Eric.D.Friedman@wellsfargo.com]
> 
> Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 9:48 AM
> To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> Subject: RE: HTTPSender using HttpUrlConnection
> 
> What VM was this tested with?  The 1.4 HttpURLConnection 
> stuff is vastly improved, but we're still a 1.3 codebase and 
> so cannot assume that those classes are well behaved.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tom Jordahl [mailto:tomj@macromedia.com]
> Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 11:33 AM
> To: 'axis-dev@ws.apache.org'
> Subject: RE: HTTPSender using HttpUrlConnection
> 
> 
> Thanks Jongjin, this is great.
> 
> One bug I noticed on a quick look:
> 
> if (cookie2 != null) {
>   connection.setRequestProperty(HTTPConstants.HEADER_COOKIE, 
> cookie); }
> 
> This should be HEADER_COOKIE2 in this code.
> 
> I can't tell how you changed the HTTPSender.java code for 
> this class.  Is this a replacement or a rewrite of the Sender 
> class?  If so, if you could clean up the file with Apache 
> copyright, JavaDoc comments, logging, etc so we can replace 
> the existing sender class that would be great.  It looks like 
> there is also a bunch of functionality in the current class 
> that is not duplicated in your new class.  Properties and the 
> like that affect behavior.
> 
> Could you file this patch in the bug report with a 
> description of what you changed?  That way it won't get lost 
> or forgotten.
> 
> --
> Tom Jordahl
> Macromedia Server Development
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gunsnroz [mailto:gunsnroz@hotmail.com]
> Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 7:06 AM
> To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
> Subject: HTTPSender using HttpUrlConnection
> 
> Hi.
> 
> I wrote a thread-safe HTTPSender using 
> java.net.HttpUrlConnection for solving HTTP 1.1 
> persistence-connection and keep-alive problem which is 
> addressed in http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16522.
> 
> I tested it and verify that keep-alive worked with .NET webservices.
> 
> I think that it will help pepple who need better HTTP support 
> and can't use Commons-Http for some reason. Axis team, can 
> you check this in Axis source tree???
> 
> -- Jongjin Choe/


Mime
View raw message